PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleQuickSight Front End Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 25 years
Job Published11 January 2022
Job Reference No.4165816663
PBT Group has an opportunity for a QuickSight Front End Developer.
This role will specifically focus on our customer's adoption of QuickSight for dashboards and visualisations in embedded analytics. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy BI tools and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. Our QuickSight BI Engineers will develop, deliver and implement visualisation capabilities so that their customers can make data driven decisions.
- Design, implementation and delivery of building BI solutions for our clients.
- Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with clients. Activities include participating in pre-sales, understanding clients’ data visualisation, self-service and analytical requirements, and providing advice on solution design.
- Provide advisory services to our clients on the implementation of BI solutions in the AWS Cloud.
- Work with clients’ business, IT to translate business requirements to data visualisation capabilities.
- Work to define an organizations' BI Strategy
- Drives data strategy across teams for a defined BI solution
- Lead design reviews for BI solutions and set best practices for the organization
- 5+ years of experience with data visualisation using Tableau, QuickSight, Qlik, MicroStrategy, PowerBI or similar tools
- Minimum of 5 years of data engineering experience with at least 2 years of AWS experience
- Hands on experience with popular cloud-based data warehouse platforms, viz. Redshift, Snowflake. Overall experience with AWS services should be over 2 years
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using some popular BI tool with at least one year of experience in using AWS QuickSight. This position requires deep knowledge of QuickSight
- Knowledge to use ML capabilities within QuickSight and to import external ML models to QuickSight dashboards
- Experience with QuickSight Q is desired. There is a need to add NLP capabilities to provide self-service features to business users.
- Strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, data flows, data relationships, data quality standards, proficiency with data integration tools and data storage platforms.
- Ability to lead collaborative meetings which result in clearly documented outcomes, a concrete understanding of meeting attendee performance/reliability, and ongoing management & follow-up for action items
- Experience with some of data integration tools viz. Attunity (Qlik), AWS Glue ETL, Kafka etc.
- Experience in building data pipelines with related understanding of data ingestion, transformation of structured as well as semi-structured data across cloud services
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organization, analytical and interpersonal skills, and consistently meet or exceed deadline deliverables.
- Acts with integrity and proactively seeks ways to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures
- Expertise in SQL, data modeling, and operational excellence
- Experience in translating business requirements to BI dashboards.
- 2+ years of experience with either Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases or MPP systems
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent