PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleSenior Solutions Architect / Enterprise Architect
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 25 years
Job Published13 January 2022
Job Reference No.3298169484
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Senior Solutions Architect / Enterprise Architect.
A senior solutions architect or enterprise architect is responsible for designing processes, documenting essential IT procedures, tracking alignment of project deliverables against the target state architecture, and maintaining a focus on security. They also will collaborate with other teams to ensure the design of the correct systems.
The Solutions Architect translates business requirements into the architecture for that solution, describing it through design artefacts; defines standards and best practices within which the development team will operate, and governs the implementation thereof.
The position requires a person with strong IT software architecture, risk management and governance skills; more than ten years of experience in technical implementation; knowledgeable on a broad range of technologies, platforms, coding languages, design patterns and products relating to information technology as applied in the insurance industry. Experience with business architectures and compliance should also exist.
- Contribute to drawing up IT Strategy, based on business strategy, as well as giving input into the overall strategy and product development and solutions.
- Assist with documenting the business unit architecture landscape and the roadmap to achieving it.
- Design complex systems at the conceptual (business), component (logical) and infrastructure (physical) level, align technology choices with the IT strategy and directly supervise the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components. Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned architecture(s).
- Collaborate effectively with peer architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational debate.
- Research, collaborate with, and influence 3rd party vendors to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in assessing third party vendors and systems and participate in technical evaluation as part of the associated RFx processes.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the architecture and global governance processes.
- Facilitate the process for approving architecture standards and best practices.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining an effective architecture practice control framework and reporting on the current state and progress made towards maturing such controls.
- Assist in management of internal audits and compliance tests on behalf of enterprise architecture and the business unit.
- Participate in regular architecture and subject matter expert (SME) forums.
- Arbitrates disagreements among engineers, vendors, IT and Insurance specialists and make decisions where needed without damaging relationships.
- Coach, mentor, and delegate to the development team.
Qualifications/ Certification & Experience:
- Relevant degree/diploma, in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Software development background, including DevOps experience.
- Hands on experience with Architecture modeling tools, specifically Orbus iServer, Visio.
- Experience with architecture framework and tools such as TOGAF, Zachman and ArchiMate.
- Experience with cloud solution implementation (Microsoft Azure preferred), including security, PaaS, iPaaS, Kubernetes, Containers, and cloud costing.
- A clear understating of, and has worked with Agile methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum, and Lean.
- Understanding of business strategy and IT alignment.
- Domain knowledge of insurance (Short-Term preferably), reinsurance systems and pertinent technologies and a good understanding of the industry, competitors, and processes.